Skip to main content

Roberto Martinez says Everton win at QPR is the 'most satisfying' of his Toffees reign

Everton manager Roberto Martinez hailed the Toffees' 2-1 win against QPR as the 'most satisfying' victory of his tenure at the club.

Aaron Lennon's 77th-minute winner moves Everton nine points clear of the relegation zone after Rangers' Eduardo Vargas had earlier cancelled out Seamus Coleman's first-half strike.
Martinez's side climb to 13th in the table, having bounced back from a disappointing 5-2 Europa League defeat to Dynamo Kiev on Thursday.

'It's probably the most satisfying win I've had since I arrived at Everton,' Martinez said.
'The amount of emotion we shared on Thursday and we got back very late - we've found it very difficult this season after Europe.

'We are adapting towards being a team that can cope with being in Europe.
'Coping with the goal threat that QPR are going to throw at you takes a lot of character and guts. It wasn't a day for a technical performance on the ball, it was about being a strong group and showing we have a strong will.

'It was a very important three points today so the satisfaction was immense.'
Lennon's decisive strike 13 minutes from time was his first goal for Everton since joining the club on loan from Tottenham in January.

Martinez was reluctant to discuss the possibility of making Lennon's stay permanent but admits he has been delighted with the winger's contribution.
'It's too early to say at the moment (whether we will sign him permanently),' Martinez said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Transfers: Pep says about Mbappe move to Manchester City, "that is not going to happen"

Reports claim that Manchester City are plotting to make a move for talented French youngster forward Kylian Mbappe for £200 million. But City boss Pep Guardiola has come out to say in a news conference ahead of City's UCL clash with German club Hoffenheim that the move cannot happen. Here is what he said in the conference: "That is not going to happen," "Sometimes I don't understand where that news comes from."

BREAKING NEWS: MESSI TO MISS MALAGA GAME

It has been confirmed that Lionel Messi will be missing game against Malaga due to illness.

WEEKEND MATCH UPDATE: CHELSEA MOVE TO TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE, CONTE PRAISES COSTA

Chelsea has moved to the top of the Premier League table as Liverpool fails to secure the first position following their inability to pick complete points against Southampton. Conte has having a swell time and the time of his lives as Chelsea is on tremendous form. Many have been praising his courage to change previous formation that was a status quo for the Blues into the 3-4-3 formation. Since the text against Hull City, Chelsea has been on fire ever since.