Skip to main content

Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand says Harry Kane, 'Pay the man the money' to keep him at the club




As pundits around the world have been giving awesome comments about Harry Kane's performance, former Manchester United and England defender Rio Ferdinand has openly declared that Tottenham must pay Kane very well for the services he is rendering to the club.

Rio said during BT Sport's coverage Tottenham's 1-1 draw with Real Madrid: "Pay the man the money." "You gotta keep him at the club."

"If I'm Harry Kane then the chairman - his phone number is the most dialled number on my phone - because I'm telling them their needs to be parity within the league.
"You've got a superstar in your team and there needs to be parity within the league. If he's looking around the league and sees players on phone number wages. I need to have some parity for what I'm doing, not only for last season it's the last three seasons he's been doing it.

He added: "I would be scared if I don't get my top man signed up. I'd be scared I would lose some of my other player. What's [Dele] Alli going to do, what's [Christian] Eriksen going to do if they don't get him signed up."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wilfried Bony completes Manchester City Move

Wilfried Bony has completed his big-money move from Swansea to Premier League champions Manchester City.The Ivorian striker, who is on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations, joins Manuel Pellegrini's side for an nitial fee in the region of £25million with another £3m inadd-ons over four years. Bony, 26, has agreed a four-and-a-half year deal. He willwear the No 14 shirt worn previously by Javi Garcia. 'It’s a great feeling for me, it’s a big honour to be here and it’s a great challenge,' said Bony.

Blatter loses Appeal

credit: fox sports Former FIFA President Sepp Blatter has had his appeal to overturn his six-year ban from all footballing activities unsuccessful.

Samir Nasri out for a Month

       Samir Nasri could be sidelined for up to a month with a calf injury, Manchester                      City manager Manuel Pellegrini has announced.