Skip to main content

Jose Mourinho: I won't be sacked... even if we finish mid-table in the Premier League

Jose Mourinho claims his job at Chelsea is safe even if the champions finish mid-table in the Barclays Premier League.
 
Mourinho has convinced himself that he is protected by his four-year contract and insists he still has the total support of the Chelsea board following their disastrous start.
 
Chelsea’s manager spoke with owner Roman Abramovich shortly after the shock 3-1 defeat by Southampton at home in their last fixture before the international break.

Abramovich then went in to a board meeting to discuss Mourinho’s future before the club issued a statement confirming their backing. Asked if he will still be manager if they finish mid-table, Mourinho replied ‘yes’. He added: ‘For me the important thing is the owner and the board’s message to myself, and before the statement came out, I was having the feedback from the owner and the board.
 
‘Obviously we know, in a couple of months, we will be in a position we normally have to be. But the reality now, today, tomorrow, before the game starts, is the reality of the numbers, and the numbers are very cruel but objective. We need points. 
 
So the statement was not something new for me. That support I’d got before. Why did the statement come out? Maybe to close you off. Maybe to stop the rumour that I could be on my way out because the support to myself was not made by the statement, but by a normal conversation.
 
‘I met the owner before dinner so, when I went to dinner, I knew (I was staying). But even before that, I knew what brought me here. I know the conversation we had two years ago. 
 
'I knew what made me sign a new contract, and the reasons the owner and board decided to give me a new contract. They didn’t have to. I still had two years, so they didn’t have to give me a new contract. So what I know is what I know from them.’
 
Mourinho also confirmed that he will appeal against the decision of the FA’s independent regulatory commission to fine him £50,000 and give him a suspended one-match stadium ban for his comments after the defeat against Southampton. 
 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wilfried Bony completes Manchester City Move

Wilfried Bony has completed his big-money move from Swansea to Premier League champions Manchester City.The Ivorian striker, who is on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations, joins Manuel Pellegrini's side for an nitial fee in the region of £25million with another £3m inadd-ons over four years. Bony, 26, has agreed a four-and-a-half year deal. He willwear the No 14 shirt worn previously by Javi Garcia. 'It’s a great feeling for me, it’s a big honour to be here and it’s a great challenge,' said Bony.

Blatter loses Appeal

credit: fox sports Former FIFA President Sepp Blatter has had his appeal to overturn his six-year ban from all footballing activities unsuccessful.

Samir Nasri out for a Month

       Samir Nasri could be sidelined for up to a month with a calf injury, Manchester                      City manager Manuel Pellegrini has announced.