Skip to main content

Diego Costa vows to discover scoring form for Spain after Chelsea striker is unconvincing against Macedonia

Misfiring Spain striker Diego Costa has promised there will be 'no lack of effort' on his part to discover his scoring form for his country. 
 
The 26-year-old, who plays his club football with Chelsea, put in another laboured performance during La Roja's narrow 1-0 Euro 2016 qualifying victory over Macedonia on Tuesday night.  
 
Costa has earned eight international caps so far since making his debut last year, but has only managed a paltry return of one goal. 
 
Speaking after the Macedonia game, Costa told Spanish newspaper AS: 'I've got a lot to improve and I've got to start scoring goals. There will be no lack of effort on my part.'
 
He added; 'I am always filled with ambition whenever I get called for the national team. On a personal level I am not happy because I didn't manage to score tonight although I'm happy with the victory. We've gained three points which are important for our qualification.'
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blatter loses Appeal

credit: fox sports Former FIFA President Sepp Blatter has had his appeal to overturn his six-year ban from all footballing activities unsuccessful.

Headmaster Pep Guardiola injects new rules into City camp; bans mobile phones

It's safe to say Pep is a perfectionist and also a headmaster, lol. But seriously, Pep has no intentions to drop his standards after a record-breaking 2017/18 season. He doesn't plan to chart a course like his colleague Ranieri of Leicester City did. Pep recently banned the use of mobile phones, and he also banned lateness to training. Every violation comes with a corresponding fine, ask Benjamin Mendy. Pep plans to repeat his outstanding triumph like he did last season.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says referees are under too much pressure

Mourinho returned to press conference duties after serving a self-imposed ban after comments he made after their 1-1 draw with Southampton on December 28 led to an FA charge, which he confirmed he is appealing against.