Skip to main content

Neymar calls Cristiano Ronaldo a "monster" (...but in a good way); says "Messi ...is my idol"


Neymar was recently chilling out with NBA star Stephen Curry and they both shared about how their respect for their rivals have made to strive to be better sportsmen. Neymar Jr. -who currently seems to be in the shadows on French youngster, Mbappe- has shared how superstars Messi and Ronaldo have been a source of motivation for him.

The 26-year old said:

"Facing Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo - and I played with Messi, who is, for me, one of the greatest footballers of all time, and he is my idol in football.

"With Messi, I learned every day, whether during our practice, or playing with him, or just watching him play. And that made me stronger and it increased my capacity on the field because I kept learning a lot from him.

"As for Cristiano Ronaldo, he is a monster. Facing him is a pleasure and an honour, but we have to be more prepared. He is one of the greatest in football so you get smarter, you get alert, but at the same time you learn a lot; too.

"So, they are two of the big guys that I can relate to, because I want to learn, I want more, I want to win, I want more trophies, score more goals ... so I keep learning from them every day."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wilfried Bony completes Manchester City Move

Wilfried Bony has completed his big-money move from Swansea to Premier League champions Manchester City.The Ivorian striker, who is on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations, joins Manuel Pellegrini's side for an nitial fee in the region of £25million with another £3m inadd-ons over four years. Bony, 26, has agreed a four-and-a-half year deal. He willwear the No 14 shirt worn previously by Javi Garcia. 'It’s a great feeling for me, it’s a big honour to be here and it’s a great challenge,' said Bony.

Blatter loses Appeal

credit: fox sports Former FIFA President Sepp Blatter has had his appeal to overturn his six-year ban from all footballing activities unsuccessful.

Samir Nasri out for a Month

       Samir Nasri could be sidelined for up to a month with a calf injury, Manchester                      City manager Manuel Pellegrini has announced.